At time of purchase I confirm that I am aged 16 or over and therefore able to give consent with this order and if not, I have been granted consent by the holder of parental responsibility.
Use of This Website
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and illustrations. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
By entering a competition in The Phoenix comic, you agree to the following:
- By submitting an entry you accept that you have read these rules and that you will follow them.
- Submit an entry by post (The Phoenix comic, 29 Beaumont Street, Oxford, OX1 2NP) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are sending a video, please share it via a file sharing service.
- Both permanent UK residents and International residents aged 18 and under are allowed to submit an entry. You must have your parent’s or guardian’s permission for your entry to be considered.
- All intellectual property rights in your entry will remain with you. However, The Phoenix comic retains the non-exclusive right to publish the winning idea or ideas in their original form and the exclusive right to publish the professionally illustrated version physically and digitally in The Phoenix comic and any compilations and annuals published by The Phoenix comic or its partners in all media throughout the world for the full term of copyright. This is so we can continue to sell back issues and make books of our content as we do with all of our content.
- By submitting an entry you are accepting responsibility if it is not your work.
- If your entry is selected, you will not receive remuneration in exchange for allowing The Phoenix to use your entry or related artwork/ideas in future marketing material, books, merchandise, promotional material, or any form of media.
- You consent for your first name and your entry to be printed in The Phoenix comic, and used on our social media platforms.
- Entries submitted by post will not be returned.
- The winning entries will be selected by The Phoenix comic editorial team.
- To be eligible for a prize, entries must be received by 11:59pm on the published deadline.
- All prizes are non-refundable, and cannot be exchanged for cash.
Trial periods and special offers
We will often offer you a trial period at the start of your subscription or a longer term special offer subscription rate. Please note that Direct Debit trials are for UK customers only. The length and cost of any trial or offer will vary from time to time, but full details will always be made available at the time of your application. We will only offer you one trial or special offer subscription in any 12 month period. We have no obligation to keep any offer open for a certain length of time. We will deliver the subscription to the address you notify us when you place your order. Please allow up to two weeks for delivery of your first subscription issue (up to four weeks overseas).
At the end of your trial or offer period, your subscription will continue automatically at the standard rate that we have advertised as part of that offer. You may cancel your subscription at any time during your trial or offer period.
* The advertised cost of individual issues on subscription deals are calculated over the first year of payments, and take into account the price and length of the trial period.
We will make every effort to process and despatch all non-subscription shop orders within 2 working days. However, this may vary according to availability and any representations made as to delivery times are limited to mainland UK and subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible. If you have any queries regarding shop orders please email our customer service team at email@example.com
If you are taking advantage of one of our trials or special offers, you will pay the introductory price for the relevant trial or offer period in advance. Similarly, when your trial or offer period ends and your membership continues as a monthly or quarterly subscription, we will collect your payments each month or quarter in advance.
Some of our offers are only available by Direct Debit through our website. Direct Debit payments are covered by the Direct Debit Guarantee. Others may be paid for by credit or debit card through the website or over the telephone +44 (0) 1293 312177. We accept Visa and Mastercard. There is no VAT charged on any of our products except for Phoenix binders.
All credit or debit card payments will be subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorise payment to us, then we will not be able to confirm your order and no contract will exist between us.
You may cancel your subscription at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling us on +44 (0) 1293 312177 (between GMT 0900-1700 Monday to Friday) or by writing to The Phoenix comic, c/o Intermedia Brand Marketing Ltd, Unit 6 The Enterprise Centre, Kelvin Lane, Manor Royal, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9PE.
If you are on a regular payment plan such as direct debit or continuous credit card payment, your cancellation will take effect from the day before your next payment would have been due, unless you request an earlier date. You will continue to receive issues of The Phoenix up until that date. You should also cancel any instruction with your bank.
We reserve the right not to fulfil and to cancel orders if we are unable to obtain payment authorisation from the issuer of your payment card and/or rejection of your bank details.
If you cancel your direct debit on the day of or within 14 working days of a payment being taken, you are entitled to a refund of that payment if requested within 14 days. After this 14 day period any goods you have received prior to informing us that you would like to cancel your subscription will be deducted from any refund you request. You are entitled to a refund in full if you cancel your subscription and direct debit and a payment is accidentally taken after cancellation.
If you are cancelling a fixed term subscription then you have a 14 day cancellation period which will commence from the date your first issue arrives. If you cancel your subscription within your respective cancellation period, then you are entitled to a refund of the remainder of your subscription. If you cancel after your cancellation period, then you are not entitled to a refund of the remainder of your subscription.
Non-subscription shop returns and exchanges
If you live in the United Kingdom or another European Union country, Iceland, Lichtenstein or Norway, you have a legal right to cancel your order after you have received and inspected the items. Please note that in the case of clothes and accessories, ‘inspect’ means examine, and does not permit you to use the items.
Please note that you are under a legal duty to take care of the product, and this includes all packaging and labelling. Care must be taken to ensure that the goods remain in the best possible condition. When trying on goods it should be reasonably apparent before fully trying on the goods whether they are likely to fit or not and you should not stretch goods or force zips or fastenings as this may damage the goods.
Should you decide to return the item(s) you must do so within 30 business days of receipt of the goods. We do not refund shipping charges.
We recommend that you obtain proof of postage and proof of delivery, as we cannot be held responsible for it being lost or damaged before it arrives to us.
If at all possible, please include with the goods a copy of your invoice and return note, or a written note of your name, address, email address, order number, and reason for return. This enables us to identify the transaction and speeds up the process, and prevents fraudulent returns.
The EU cancellation rights set out above do not apply to customers living outside the EU.
For non-EU customers, we hope you will be fully satisfied with our products. Generally we cannot guarantee replacements for international orders however if, for any reason you are not satisfied because they are mis-described or damaged please contact us within 7 days of receipt of your order at email@example.com and we will review these on a case by case basis.
You can contact our help centre and subscriptions bureau by telephoning +44 (0) 1293 312177 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.